MFS Open Day
MFS Open Day – it’s on again!
The annual Metropolitan Fire Service Open Day will be held on Saturday, 18 November 2017, straight after the Credit Union Christmas Pageant!
Join us for free, post-pageant family fun as the Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) opens the doors to the Adelaide Fire Station at 99 Wakefield Street, Adelaide between 11.00 am and 2.30 pm.
Meet our dedicated firefighters and staff, have a close-up look at fire appliances, view road crash rescue training and Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) abseiling demonstrations.
We’ll also be joined by Country Fire Service (CFS), State Emergency Service (SES), South Australia Police (SAPOL), SA Ambulance Service (SAAS) personnel and their vehicles, appliances and equipment.
Highlights of the day include:
- A close look at our firefighting appliances and equipment
- An interactive child fire safety education display, including the ‘Stop, Cover, Drop and Roll’ game
- Learn how your family can prevent or survive a house fire, including how to escape a fire
- Discover common causes of house and other structure fires and how to prevent them
- Road crash rescue demonstrations with our Road Awareness Program (RAP) team
- Simulated rope rescue from heights by specialised firefighters
- Meet Country Fire Service (CFS), South Australia Police, State Emergency Service (SES) and SA Ambulance Service (SAAS) personnel and take a look through their vehicles, appliances and equipment
- An Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) display
- Enquire about a career as an MFS firefighter.
We look forward to seeing you at MFS Open Day at Adelaide Fire Station, 99 Wakefield Street, Adelaide on Saturday, 18 November 2017 between 11.00 am and 2.30 pm. Spread the word, invite your family and friends!
Another wonderful day for the visitors of the Open Day and the APFF – over $5,000 takings between our BBQ and Merchandise Stall. Both were very busy all day which was great. Lovely weather and big crowd too! Thanks to all our volunteers.